Thursday, April 22, 2010

homophobic men have repressed homosexual desires

Heya!

I think my yesterday's post was "waaaaaaaay too much excitement" so I hope this positivity lasts for a while...

So... I am still thinking of what college to enroll at. I kinda know which one already coz of my gut feeling but I just wanna make sure I make a well informed decision. Amongst many factors I am looking at, I wanna make sure both campus and surrounding area are gay-friendly and open minded… Hence my desire to go to a big city.

I was doing some research about homophobic schools and then stumbled upon studies about homophobia suggesting that most homophobic men have repressed homosexual desires. Quite interesting…

I dunno what’s wrong with me. I have been in touch with many students from my prospective college(s) and I am coming out to them when they ask me what are my expectations for social life/dating/etc. in college. Geez! I am so obsessed. But I mean, I have to be honest with them so they tell me whether I’d be a good fit and enjoy the campus life.

Anyway, I am not getting enough free time in the days for my personal studying. I am always either in class or on my laptop, emailing people about college and keeping in touch with others. I think I should take a break from online interactions. FML. I am so addicted.

I have to go for a school seminar now and then come back to my room and TRY to study. I have so much work to do…

Take Care,
Sam

5 comments:

B. said...

LOL, I always supported that theory about repressed homosexual desires and now I think that one of my friends (The antigay friend) is like that... He's so homophobic, but acts so gay, if you get what I mean. It has some truth in that...

Good luck with college... I know that you will bring the best choice... :D

Bubby said...

It is funny you should write about this, I just wrote my last blog on my own Homophobia due to my repressed sexual identity so it is theme that rings very true to me.

Fear is often a by product of ones own insecurity.

www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

Phunk Factor said...

Same here...I'm in full support of that!!

wayner said...

What's the old saying; 'methinks thou dost protest too much!' I always thought that there is some deeper problem with guys who are virulently homophobic. Can you say 'hypocracy'? bfn - Wayne :) ps get some studying done!!

Sam said...

:)