Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our neighbours in the animal kingdom are also homo!


Happy Weekend Dearest People!

I am still going with my 'Sexual Identity' posts...

But first, I wanna tell you that I am doing well - still trying hard to force myself into studying, but in vain. I am such a procrastinator. I HATE studying lol. I cannot wait till graduation - just 100 days to go (YAY!!!).
Nothing special around - some friends brought pizza, ice cream, juice (yeah no alcohol for moi) and other junk food today so we got to skip the crappy school dinner; so I enjoyed it. I am forcing myself into studying... Exams start on Monday and am so NOT ready - FML!

Random fact - I think Latino boys are yummy (yeah, I cannot decide on what type is my favorite lol)
A Mexican guy came to our school (a representative from some college in Mexico) and he had the most adorable face ever and the sexiest English accent I have ever heard!! I didn't interact with him - just saw his cute face and heard him say a few words lol


So let's go back to my research:


Homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom


  •   A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.
  •   A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that Same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.
  •   Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting.
aren't they adorable?
(random lol)


Examples:  

The Amazon River dolphin or boto has been reported to form up in bands of 3-5 individuals enjoying group sex. The groups usually comprise young males and sometimes one or two females. Sex is performed in non-reproductive ways, using snout, flippers and general rubbing, without regards to gender. They will sometimes perform homosexual penetration of the blowhole, a hole homologous with the nostril of other mammals, making this the only known example of nasal sex in the animal kingdom. The males will sometimes also perform sex with tucuxi males, a small porpoise.
 well, can't blame them; they've got such a gay skin color lol




In 1998 two male Griffon vultures named Dashik and Yehuda, at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo, engaged in "open and energetic sex" and built a nest. The keepers provided the couple with an artificial egg, which the two parents took turns incubating; and 45 days later, the zoo replaced the egg with a baby vulture. The two male vultures raised the chick together. A few years later, however, Yehuda became interested in a female vulture that was brought into the aviary. Dashik became depressed, and was eventually moved to the zoological research garden at Tel Aviv University where he too set up a nest with a female vulture.

 very manly, hey!? 


Male homosexuality has been inferred in several species of dragonflies . The cloacal pinchers of male damselflies and dragonflies inflict characteristic head damage to females during sex. A survey of 11 species of damsel and dragonflies has revealed such mating damages in 20 to 80 % of the males too, indicating a fairly high occurrence of sexual coupling between males.

 
Very flamboyant, hey?



5 comments:

tman said...

Hey Sam... How are you doing kid? Still studying?? Well, I really appreciate the scientific approach; something more people should attempt, if only they weren't so lazy... There's literally TONS of information available on the topic that conveniently is ignored by the general public for various reasons... The dawn of the digital era has finally started to change some of that, tho... I think I've read every study done in the last 50 years and beyond to Carl Jung, Kinsey et al, and unless you're illiterate, have your head in the sand, or simply have the old blinders on (i.e.John McCain), the research is plentiful and a consensus has formed in the scientific community, at least with those that don't have a political agenda and really apply the 'scientific method' to their research. I get REAL impatient with those that don't take the time to do the homework but still spew their opinions so forcefully,so that many times people are afraid to object... They just SOUND right!! Good for you in recognizing the defect here and publishing some of the elementary research.... I hope it will inspire others to look further, at least those with curious minds; as for the rest, let them figure it out 50 years from now; I, for one, am tired of waiting. Life beckons! Bless you Sam! love, tman<3

wayner said...

Hi Andy; set aside the time for study and stick to it. I remember in my teens being responsible and studying hard for exams while others were out having a good time. It was tough. But it felt good when I was doing the exam and looking at others scratching their heads while I was zipping through it. My highest mark on the departmentals was 92% on Latin and I can't remember a word today!
-I was watching a tv series on sex in the animal kingdom last year, and they talked about the bonobos native to the Congo. Even closer to humans than chimps. These bonobos were doing every sexual act you could find on the Internet including some very kinky homosexual sex. And they say homosexuality is not 'natural' lol. Its been natural since the dawn of time and will be until the end of it. We are first and foremost biological beings and deny it with our 'civilized' rules. That is why men get into so much trouble over sex; all that testosterone! Example; a wildlife show was about a mountain lion stalking mountain goats (or bighorn sheep, I forget which). The alpha male constantly kept watch over his harem guarding for danger; the mountain lion didn't have much chance. When was the one time the mountain lion got an easy feed? In mating season when all the alpha male's attention was on mating with the female. So it is with men; when men get horny they will take risk to get sex; ask the 650,000 men on sex offender registries in the US. Or the polititians brought down by sex scandals. Or the many thousands of men getting expensive divorces because of infidelity. And so on. Is the picture clearer now? But we are 'civilized', aren't we? Not like those animals. We are different lol. I think the only difference is intelligence but sometimes I question that. Just some observations. You're a good guy, Sam. A privilege talking to you. - Wayne

Manu said...

lol naughy dolphins :)

poor birdy :(

Aaron said...

very interesting indeed. i've always been very interested in those animal behaviours. monkeys are the most popular ones as u can actually view them quite publicly in the zoo. they wank other male moneksy quite openly!

B. said...

I'm glad you that you're fine... Well, about studies... Try to make yourself study more...

I love the story about Griffon vultures... This is amazing!