Monday, March 8, 2010

International Women's Day - 8 March


Hello!
A quick post (not related to 'sexual identity')

Today, March 8th is the 99th annual International Women's Day and will hopefully not be quite as momentous as the Women's March on this day in Petrograd in 1917, which was the starting point of the Russian Revolution.

The day is designed to celebrate the political, economic and social achievements of women all over the world.

For me, I would like to honor my mother today and every day for being such a role model and for being my close friend before being my mother.
I love you, Mom and may God bless you and keep you well for me and your loving family.
I would like to extend my wishes to all of the precious women in your lives, be it your grandmother, mother, sister, friend, best friend, etc…

About me:
I am doing OK, managing my studies well, I hope. Tomorrow, I am writing my first exams; so wish me luck!
I am so excited for the Easter break trip and still cannot wait to get over and done with high school (less than 100 days to go).

Hope you’re all well!

XoXo
Sam


Here's a great poem about women:

PHENOMENAL WOMAN
by Maya Angelou
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing of my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
They say they still can't see.
I say
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
The palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

from And Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
copyright © 1978 by Maya Angelou.

7 comments:

B. said...

Yeah, I spend whole day congratulating to the all "girls" who grow up into women :D

Amazing words about your mom, well done...

WOw, I just thought that it would be great if LGBT people would have day like this one in the future, I mean, the women was also discriminated, they weren't allowed to work, vote, to go to school and so on...

So, maybe in 10 years, someone will congratulate me a happy gay day... I wonder what date it will be...
Lol, gay used to meant happy :P so it will be Happy Happy day :D yay

alex said...

Suerte.

wayner said...

Sam, I think a lot of women deserve medals for a lot of the guys they put up with who don't appreciate them. You wonder why girls give guys such a hard time about putting out; imagine you are a girl and you are the one who is having the kid; what would you look for in a guy; someone who is faithful and reliable for the long term and can provide financially, because looking after babies and children is time consuming and expensive. Guys who just want a fuck won't pass this test.
-and 'B.', where are your blog posts? Get busy and fill us in. You're still leaving out the 'articles'! Say 'I spent THE whole day' and and 'have A day like this one'. I don't know how you can learn so many languages; you're awesome!
- Study hard Sam. bfn - Wayne

tman said...

Amen baby! Very nice post Sam!!! Your Mom is lucky to have you for a son!!! Now, go get 'em w/ the exam stuff... good luck, kid- I know you're going to do well!!luv,tman<3

B. said...

@wayner: Hey, my friend, well, I'm busy a lot these past few days, cause my midterms are here and I need to study sooooo hard, because I fucked up some test which was really important. And your "question" is now first in the line and you'll get awesome answer :P

I wrote that comment really fast, cause I was in my break from learning, and I didn't think straight (double LOL) in English. And yeah, THE articles are really pain in THE ass... :P but I will master them as soon as I start using English as a conversational language for sure, I don't have chance to speak it so much and I never was in native English-speaking area, even though I talked to Brits a lot during this past summer.

I have a lot to update, you'll be surprised what happened in these past few weeks... I can't wait!!! :D I would blog right now, but I can't... :( I have first test in Friday and it's killing me...

Ok, I'm off to studying... :( aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
P.S. And sorry sam for spamming the comments :D

Octavius said...

Good luck for those exams dude..., I wish you all the best.

Hugs, Courage and Honour!

Octavius.

Sam said...

Thank you all!!
You're so sweet :)

B; you can do all you like on my blog - no worries, buddy!

I did one exam and it went well - I am off to more studying now!

Bestest,
Sam