Monday, March 15, 2010

Bleh... random silly thought


Good day!

I was sitting in my room this morning, trying to study... But I started overthinking as always and here’s what I’ve been asking myself…

If let's say. I am fan of no premarital sex (not because of a personal choice but rather a societal/religious influence) and hence I am meant to believe that the act of making love should be reserved to the one and only love of your life (if this really does exist)… how can I lead a happy homosexual life and still maintain my religious beliefs?
Wait, not all homosexuals get to marry, nor are they always loyal to one person…
Oh, and Christianity does not even recognize homosexual marriage. Well, that’s the church's ideology (i.e. the authority, the men who are taking charge, and this does not necessarily reflect God’s will…)

Bleh! This is so complicated… It's so hard, having to keep up with both practices of homosexuality and religion (a modified version, in which I take what makes sense to me and leave out the illogical parts) The more I think the more I get confused…
I know I've been rambling quite a lot about religion vs. homosexuality lately so don't mind me... I know I am getting silly sometimes so I shall leave my religion aside for a little and sort my things out first... 
God of Love is the one I believe in, and I guess I have the right to believe in what I LIKE to believe in and what makes sense to me... :)

Anyway, I just wrote my exam for today - it went well :) 
I have a day off tomorrow to study for my tough upcoming exams in Advanced Chemistry and Advanced Biology (2 exams each). I’ll be done on Saturday! Yay!

PS:
  • Tomorrow is a big day for my Bestest Joshua! Best of luck Babe!! I hope everything goes as well as you like it to go and even better... (guys, please give him encouragement wishes!!)
  • Cool Charlie is now sick-yet-still-cool Charlie. Hope you get well soon, buddy! Recovery kiss - Mwah!
  • My friend B has also been having exams and is gonna Ace them!! Good Luck, my friend!

I hope you all have a very smooth and happy week :)
Sam

6 comments:

alex said...

"My God does not forbid the love freely given, freely accepted, if he did, he would not be worthy of trust and faith we put into it."
I do not remember where I read the quote.

tman said...

Hi Sam... Yeah, the people in charge have created some nice conundrums for us, huh? Those are the arguments used to box us in over the years and the very things that destroy their credibility at the same time...
We have been asked for forbearance on this contradiction, only it's our lives that they're talking about...
You have come to a fast resolution to these obviously failed teachings already... Did I lead you to this, or are you just incredibly smart??? For the life of me, I can't remember if I posted here or elsewhere on my understanding of 'a loving God', but, at any rate, you have hit the nail on the head...

There simply is no conundrum of faith, if you believe in the teachings of Christ, and have a grounding in faith... He gave his life for us and asked His followers to spread his message of love and hope, which has been my mission since I was confirmed @ age 13... Deep in your heart, Sam, I think you feel His love, and know that He would not like the way that we have been treated... Having said that, I also think and feel deeply that we have a responsibility to express our love for others, including in our sexual relationships, in a manner that is not selfish and that's why I council young guys to act responsibly, and in accordance with these teachings... Love is a shared experience and Christ spoke voluminously on His expectations of us in the ways that we should treat our brothers...

Many people stop short of this and either out of frustration or anger, have come to the conclusion that they are being cheated and therefore they have the right to act selfishly, to satiate their urges... I understand the frustration and anger, I've had the same feelings at times, and have made mistakes in this area... I also have felt the huge morning after remorse, because of it- the uneasy feeling of using someone, even tho both of us gave in to the same urges... Without respect for your partner, you won't feel complete when you share the most intimate thing that you can, and it's just a hollow feeling to say goodbye to someone you just slept with and may not again... It tarnishes your soul and the pain and loneliness is often worse than the pleasure that lasted such a short time...

That's why you can find loneliness even in a crowded room.... Sam, you're on the right track... Love isn't easy, but the effort that you put into it, makes it completely worth it!! Your 'random, silly thought', is anything but random and silly...Keep working at it, that's why you were given your keen intellect!! luv, Tman<3

Sam said...

@ Alex:
Thank you, man! This is such a great quote! Will keep it in mind.

@ Tman:
Thank you for these thoughts. Yes, you have talked to me before about the ‘loving God’ and so did Joshua too. I take your comments into consideration and they make so much sense to me… Thanks for being around and offering help…
I hope I don’t commit such a regrettable act at any time – should make love to the one I love…

Best,
Sam

scottiestoybox said...

Hello Sam. Good day to you. I think I have mentioned before I do not believe in a deity. I do understand faith, but do not believe in organized religions. I think religion has been used as a behavior modification device and that is its major role. Not the rules of a god, but to keep the masses in line for the higher ranking fellow humans.

Having said that, know that not all faiths have the same view of homosexuality and of gay marriage.
I went to a S.D.A. boarding school. They did not accept. However there is a book you should read called "The lord is my shepherd and he knows I'm gay" by the Reverend Troy Perry. He started a church called

http://mccchurch.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home

Their are other churches that do support all people, and you can find them online.

For those who do believe and have faith:

Remember your faith / spirituality is between you and your god, no one else. No one can tell you your god doesn't love you as you are or as he made you.

wayner said...

When the major religions were founded thousands of years ago, they didn't have homosexuality in mind. I've already told you the reasons. So if you have to modify it to fit a homosexual life, then so be it. Making consensual, affectionate love with your partner as nature intended (and that includes homosexuality) is as human as you can get. To vilify it on intolerant religious grounds is the real sin. Or you can become a monk; and I am suspicious about their sexual activity! lol - Wayne

Sam said...

@ Scottie:
I shall remember! Thanks. I will check out those churches once I get less busy with school work...

@ Wayne:
I am also suspicious about their sexual activity lol (eish! I am such a sinner) hehe