Friday, January 22, 2010

People should mind their own business, at times...

Hi Friends!


I hope you’ve all got fun plans for the weekend!
I am excited coz I’ll hopefully be meeting with my former teacher off campus on Saturday (the only one I ever talked with about my confusion) and I think this could be like a wrap up discussion. I am planning on making up my mind about what I want to do next. As in, I gotta decide who I am talking to amongst my friends (at boarding school) about my sexuality. There are like 5 close best friends who are open minded enough and who I think will be quite supportive. So I am gonna think about when/where/how with my teacher…

One thing annoys me though. It is that my former teacher has actually told my Advisor at school (also gay) about what I discuss with him; he (my advisor) actually has to grant me permission to see him. But he did not ask me beforehand if I am ok with sharing this with my advisor! What the hek!!?? As in, I think he assumed that since my advisor is also gay, he would then understand my need to see him for discussions and all that. But Man! If I were cool discussing that with my Advisor (who I knew was gay without him telling me or so) I would have directly gone to him instead!!!! Even gay people suck at times lol (kidding)

But I should get over this pissed feeling. There’s nothing really I can do about it. It sucks how in life there are certain decisions you make or certain things you claim that you can never remove away from people’s opinions nor could you rewind back and delete. And that’s why I HATE labels as a general rule. So like; I am free to like whoever I like for example. If I claim one day that I am straight and then start finding some guy cute, people will say oh that’s gay and if the opposite happens people will also start judging and speaking non sense. People should simply f*** off sometimes and mind their own business when all they can do is making someone’s life more miserable. Some people should just know that if what they’re gonna say would bring more harm than good; then they should simply forget about saying it. Don’t get me wrong; I don’t want people to be dishonest with each other or not be able to give constructive feedback, share their personal/respectful opinions or give potentially-helpful advice, etc… I simply mean that there are times when people should understand what others go through and be considerate to other people’s feelings. Amazing people!

Best,
Sam

4 comments:

xXxJoshuaxXx said...

Yo Sammy!

I so totally get why u are pist. I mean I get that the teacher was only being careful or what not, but yeah geez I mean u are not out so it was quite inconsiderate. I think however it has been done. And u should not let this upset u so tha u don't speak to the teacher about what u feel when u meet. Maybe be rpoud of being out to one more person. one down. the rest of the world to go!

Sam said...

Thank you Josh! I guess that's a good way to look at it...
My Advisor is also understanding but then you know, its kinda weird to ask him permission to see that guy while he knows what's up but not from me...
The rest of the world to go!

PS: I am not gonna see my former teacher any longer :(

B. said...

This about "not minding own business" is simply human nature, and I hate it too... That's the main reason why I become so paranoid and so secretive :(

Sam said...

it sucks, eh?
People should shut the fuck up and mind their business... if what they'd say wouldn't help much then they'd better keep it for themselves lol